Sunday 13 September 2009

Day 16 -- BFF

This morning was Lucy’s Baptism. It was the first one I had ever attended. We then had a very nice lunch at Brian and Amy’s condo, and met a lot of their friends. Once again, there was a LOT of food. In fact, there was so much food at this lunch today, that I don’t even know if I’ll ever eat again, but I have a suspicion that somehow I will.



Parking near the church, and near their condo is an adventure. Basically, street parking is the only option, and there is very little. The church is relatively close to Wrigley Field, so we could have paid $25 for a spot, but luckily we saw someone pulling out, and only had to walk about half a mile (literally), and I was in heels!

I want to take this opportunity to really, and publicly thank my dear friend Gail. We first met way back in the mid-sixties, when we were both still teenagers, and then shared an apartment our last year at Berkeley (she graduated, it took me two more years), She was in my wedding, but we lost touch with each other during the 70s when we were both busy having kids, and moving around the country. Gail moved to Chicago with her family many years ago, and we reconnected through the internet (what an invention). She has opened her apartment to us, and let us use her bedroom, indeed make a mess of it. She has insisted on buying us dinner, and has even done laundry. This trip to Chicago would have been much more stressful without her help. Carl went to bed early last night and the two of us stayed up talking, and, at least to me, the years melted away, We both have grandchildren now, and if you look really closely (really really closely), you will see wrinkles, but I think the forever friendship will always be there. Thank you, Gail!

Tomorrow, we leave Chicago, and head on to Cleveland, and then we will be off to see the second set of grandkids.
  • Days till we see Toby & Beruria: 4
  • Days till we see Paige and Ashley: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment