Wednesday 23 September 2009

Thank goodness for free Wi-Fi

We have been in Vermont two days now, and so far we love it. I am getting very frustrated, however, dealing with Comcast. In a rural area like this, apparently, you can’t just call for an appointment, you ask for one, and they get back to you. I have been waiting now for over 26 hours for a return call, but meanwhile, we have no internet, no cable (actually no TV at all), and no home phone.. I have gotten as far as getting a phone # assigned (802-457-7116 if anyone wants to try), but that’s all. I am about to threaten to get satellite and see if that works. I am sitting in the library which has free wi-fi.

Of course, our house is a mess with boxes everywhere. We are living in the basement, with renovations going on upstairs. We don’t want to unpack too much, because we’ll just have to repack it to move it upstairs, hopefully in the next two weeks. [ed note: I hope so!]

Vermont is so beautiful. I can’t add any photos right now [ed note: library photo courtesy of library website], but I will try to soon, before the leaf-peeping season is over. We drove to the major city of Rutland to do some shopping, and passed Killington ski resort. Obviously not open yet for skiing, but the leaves have started to change dramatically, and it is spectacular. I was reminded how much my life has changed when I was excited to see a Bed Bath & Beyond. We were in the big time!!

I will try to keep up my blog, and I hope I can convey how exciting this all is!

No comments:

Post a Comment