Friday 11 September 2009

Day 14 -- Relaxing in the Windy City

We had such a relaxing day. We slept in, and it was really nice to have nothing to do. And NO WHERE TO DRIVE!! We went for a long walk along Lake Michigan, with Gail, and walked by the Baha’i Center, which is an incredible edifice! Then we went for a drive with Gail & her significant other, Jim Gordon. We drove north up to the town of Lake Forest, and saw some gorgeous homes right on the lake. Unfortunately, we didn’t have our camera to give evidence of the spectacular 10 million $$ homes.

In the evening, it was yet another dining splurge. We went to a tapas restaurant in a Strip Mall near Gail’s condo, and between the three of us, ate about 10 different things, including dessert.

I’m pretty sure that we are not going to get to Downtown Chicago on this trip, but there is so much pleasure in being with my old friend, and with seeing my granddaughter, that I don’t care.
  • No sightings of license plates. I am dropping this stat until further notice.
  • Days till we see Toby & Beruria: 6
  • Days till we see Paige and Ashley: 22
[ed note --I know I said Days 14 & 15, aka Sept 11 & 12, would be combined, but hey -- an editor's perogative is to edit, aka change.]

No comments:

Post a Comment